I was born in 1983, in London. I am currently based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
I have spoken English and Polish all my life, interpreting for family members since primary school age.
I regard both my spoken English and Polish to be of a native standard.
Whilst completing my GCSEs and A Levels I took Polish as an additional subject (Grade A in both).
Following a yearlong course I completed the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (English Law option).
I have been interpreting professionally for ten years. In that time I have undertaken over 2400 assignments.
In the past ten years I have experienced a wide variety of public and private sector work.
National Register of Public Service Interpreters Number: 16368.
Please visit the above link or click here for confirmation of my credentials.
- NHS – Experienced medical interpreter. Interpreting for consultations, Consent forms, Pre assessment visits, Radiology, Children’s services, Mental Health Services, Sexual Heath, Oncology, Midwife appointments, Health visitor assessments.
- Police – Valid Police Security clearance. I have interpreted over 200 police interviews across a wide range of petty and serious offending. Witness and victim impact statements taken many times. Translating documents and recordings for on-going investigations.
- Social Services – Working with local authorities and independent social workers. I have interpreted for families in very difficult and complicated situations. Home visits, family centre therapy, supervising contact, completing parenting assessments. I have also attended family court for final hearings.
- HM Courts – Booked by courts, Police forces, witness services, Prosecution and solicitors.
Extensive work in Magistrates Court, Crown Court and County Court. I have interpreted full trials, working with some very challenging defendants, in high profile cases.
- Probation Services – I have worked with probation offices across West Yorkshire. A good knowledge of working practices and procedures.
- Speech and Language Therapy – Interpreting sessions with children and therapists in schools and local health centres.
- Prisons – Booked by solicitors, appropriate adults and prison authorities to attend various appointments within prisons. I have worked in over twenty different institutions throughout the UK in both male and female prisons.
- Private Law – I have been booked by accident claim solicitors, Employment law solicitors, Doctors, and insurance companies. I have assisted in completing medical assessments, cost estimates and compensation negotiations.
Other work undertaken:
- Preparing appeal letters.
- Completing application forms.
- Translating documents.
- Telephone interpreting.
Experienced bilingual football commentator. Commentating in either English or Polish on a freelance basis for online bookmakers. Over 3000 live radio commentaries.